Thursday, September 22, 2011

Reviewed: Mac OS 10.7 Lion

The new OS has been out for a little bit but, I was finally able to upgrade. So my first impression of it is that it certainly feels like snow leopard meets iOS. Which leads to some good things and bad things.

Features of note include:
Launch pad Which I love because of how easy it is no organize and access apps that are not on my dock.

Full screen apps I love and hate. I love that if you are watching a movie in full screen and move to another "space" and then move back, before you would have to restore it to full screen. Not anymore it will remain just as you left it. I hate it because if you are web browsing and want to click and drag it to your desktop. Well you just can't.

2 finger swipe to change space/full screen app.
I both loved and hated this as well. I love how easy it made it to switch between screens. But I used to do that to go forward or backward in my Internet browser. Now I can either have one or the other. The magic mouse is not sensitive enough to use 3 fingers. So I have to choose if I want easy multitouch for switching pages or spaces and apps. Why can't I have both? I think if I did have multitouch pad instead of my mouse I could do that but I don't like that I like my mouse better.

In general it works very quickly and smoothly and feels like a very nice upgrade from Mac OS 10.6. So other then a few small quirks it is a useful and smooth OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment